For more than 50 years, Baker City Realty has been a part of the area. People have supported us in times of prosperity and scarcity and through it all, Baker City Realty has given back to the institutions and charities that make this such a great place to live. Our support extends to traditional local institutions such as the rodeo, as well as more recent endeavors such as the arts.
Current and past sponsorships include:
- Bulls and Broncs rodeo: An exciting evening of rodeo action, held the third week of July each year. The atmosphere captures you with contests pitting man against powerful livestock. If you have a passion for rodeo, or you have never experienced one before, this is the place for you. Bulls and Broncs promises the highest level of action by top rodeo athletes and renowned bucking stock.
- Salt Lick Contest: Since 2007, Whit Deschner has been organizing the Great Salt Lick Contest—arguably the area’s eccentric local art project—which gathers salt blocks artfully licked by local farm animals. The Great Salt Lick contest supports Oregon Health Sciences University’s Parkinson’s Research. Thanks to Whit for including Baker City Realty in his tribute video to the 2015 sponsors of the Great Sale Lick Contest:
- Baker County Fair: The Fair has been great family entertainment since 1877, showcasing local industry, talent, entertainment and legendary fair food. Baker’s roots in agriculture and ranching remain strong and on display at the Fair. Our support helped a local student purchase a lamb for the show.
- First Friday Art Walk: We are pleased to sponsor a First Friday Art Walk this year for the Crossroads Art Center.
- Hells Canyon Relay: Runners cover 210.6 miles as teams exchange runners through day and night to complete 36 continuous legs of varying lengths, retracing the routes used by actual pioneers along the Oregon Trail.
- Saint Alphonsus Foundation Festival of Trees: A terrific local holiday tradition for the entire family. Proceeds go to purchase medical equipment to help residents of Baker County.
- Baker City Swim Club: People in Baker are committed to health and fitness and we are pleased to sponsor the Barracudas, one of the local YMCA Kid’s Programs.
- Friends of Baker Heritage Museum: Baker is proud of its history and works hard to nurture it. We are pleased to support the Night at Old Auburn fundraiser.